Signature Golf Courses with a Historic Past
There are more than a dozen golf courses in Lake Placid and surrounding area, many have been around since the late 1800s, an era when some of the first courses in America were being built. From Lake Placid native Craig Wood to Ben Hogan, Joe Kirkwood Sr., and Seymour Dunn – some of golf’s greats have refined their games and architected courses in Lake Placid.
These public courses offer beginners and experts both wooded mountain courses and Scottish links. Several courses have Executive Length Holes, and all are around par 72.
- Whiteface Club & Resort Golf Course – John Van Kleek and Walter Hagen
- Lake Placid Club Links Course – Seymour Dunn
- Lake Placid Club Mountain Course – Alex Findlay and Alister MacKenzie
- Craig Wood Golf Course offers a challenging round of golf in a spectacular setting. Designed by Seymour Dunn in 1925, this carefully maintained municipal course is strategically carved into the Adirondack countryside. It’s the perfect opportunity for a great round of golf.
- Saranac Inn Golf & Country Club
Placid Bay Inn offers numerous golf packages to fit your needs. We offer Early Bird Special pricing, as well as full season discounts for Whiteface Club, Craig Wood Gulf and Saranac Inn Golf and Country Club. Just choose the accommodation that is best for you, by clicking on the “BOOK NOW” button, and then add your discounted golf. You will find all pricing for packages, under the Specials/Packages link. All packages are a la carte, so you can add as many days of golf as you like. Please call us directly for multiple room blocks.