Placid Bay Inn Safety and Health Guidelines
Due to the current corona virus health crisis, the Placid Bay Inn has implemented new health and safety protocols for all our guests’ and staff. The following procedures have been established in full compliance with the New York State Department of Health and the CDC prevention Covid-19 Guidelines:
• You will receive a welcoming letter via email prior to your arrival. Attached to this document you will find a registration form that must be completed and returned to us prior to your check-in date.
• The remaining balance of your stay will be applied to the credit card we have on file and processed on the day of your arrival. Please let us know beforehand if you would like to use an alternate form of payment.
• All guests must wear a mask when entering the office. For guests without their own masks, masks will be located outside the office door in a sterilized container. Used masks must be placed in the sealed bags provided before being disposed in the trash.
• Please kindly wait outside of the office if it is occupied with another party.
• Social distance rules are in effect for the entire property. All guests (unless in the same family/arrival group) must be six (6) feet from one another. Face coverings/masks must be used if this is not convenient or possible.
• The pool area will remain closed until we are permitted to open by the New York State Health Department.
• Your accommodation will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before you arrive. We are using a multitude of disinfectants, and sanitizing technologies to clean your room to the highest standards. Each accommodation will go through a multiple inspection process to ensure your health and safety.
• We are instituting a no contact policy for our housekeeping staff. A simple towel/toiletries/trash exchange will occur outside your door with the bags provided in your accommodation.
• Our housekeeping staff will not enter your accommodation unless upon request, and only if unoccupied. Place sign “Make Up Room” (green side) on your outside door handle.
• Housekeeping will not be making beds or cleaning dishes for stay overs at this time.
• Please rest assured our housekeeping staff will be following all of the New York State and CDC guidelines for health and safety.
• A cleaning station will be located next to the paddle and life jacket area. Please wipe down your paddle and life jacket before and after use.
• The canoes, kayaks, life jackets, and paddles will be sanitized throughout the day by our staff as well.
I would like to personally thank you on behalf of our entire staff of the Placid Bay Inn for your assistance and understanding in these difficult times. Your health and safety are paramount to us. Our property rules and regulations are subject to change depending on the latest recommendations from our health institutions. Please enjoy our hospitality and have a great stay!